ReviewsNo reviews yet
The iconic Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu is often seen as the best alternative to the Inca Trail. The high altitude experience takes you from Snow capped Andes down to the cloud forests and culminates at Machu Picchu.
National Geographic Travel Magazine has voted Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu as one of the best 25 treks around the world. With jaw dropping views at every turn, the trail offers a bit of everything.
The experience begins high up in the Andes. It takes you through some local communities and down to the tropical region.
The highest point of Salkantay Trekking is Salkantay Pass at 4600 meters above sea level. We highly recommend you to spend a few days in Cusco before the trek to avoid altitude sickness.
Why Inka Explorer Viajes?
We are a fully locally owned tour operator based in Cusco. Our guides are locals from the region. They have an excellent knowledge about the inca ruins, flora and fauna.
We offer the experience, both as a small group tour and as a private tour. We invite you to take a moment to check out our reviews on Tripadvisor.
- English speaking tour guide
- Private transport to the trail head
- Professional Chef
- Meals as mentioned
- All camping gears (Tent with an extra capacity for aded comfort)
- Tables and Chairs
- Mule and Muleteers
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu citadel
- Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain
- Entrance to Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes
- Lunch on the last day
- Travel Insurance